1. Bangladesh Machine Tools Factory Ltd is a state owned Limited Company under the management of Bangladesh Army. It is one of the largest company enterprise in Bangladesh. To accelerate the industrialization of the then East Pakistan, the factory started its journey in 1969. After the independence, the factory was inaugurated on 11th February 1979. Due to various set back the factory was closed down in 1994. After about six years, Honourable Prime Minister of the Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina officially handed over the factory to Bangladesh Army on 27 July 2000.
2. BMTF has an area about 250 Acrs. Under the leadership of a Major General, 98 Military personnels of various rank and 512 civilian employees are the main driving force of the organization. BMTF Ltd has as many eleven factories/shops within its premises. It is well equipped with variety of high production machineries and equipments for various engineering products. BMTF Ltd is providing various maintenance equipment for the organization like Titas Gas, Rural Electrification Board (REB), Power Development Board (PDB) etc. BMTF is assembling Isuzu 3 Ton Truck, Toyota Jeep, Toyota 1.5 Ton Truck for Bangladesh Army, Prisoner Van for Bangladesh Police and Various vehicles of different government and non-government organizations. BMTF is providing Footwear and Leather products to Armed Forces and Para-Military Forces of Bangladesh. BMTF Ltd is also producing Digital Number Plate and Digital Blue Book for Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA).
To make Bangladesh Machine Tools Factory (BMTF) Limited a commercially viable organization to enhance the national economy..
L- Producing engineering products by fabrication and sheet metal works.
- Producing engine spares of specific model and type based on existing infrastructures of BMTF Ltd.
- Assembling engines, pump/generator sets and other engineering products.
- Producing import substitute of agro-based machineries.
- Assembling and fabricating automobiles of particular brand through joint venture, if found economically viable. -
- Manufacturing of leather products to meet local demands and foreign exports.
- Trading and supplying of automobile, electrical, agricultural and special project related items through imports or local procurement.
- Taking any other special project /commercial activities as directed by the management or Board of Directors.
1. Chief of Army Staff (CAS) - Chairman
2. Quarter Master General (QMG) - Vice Chairman
3. Managing Director (MD), BMTF
4. Deputy Managing Director (DMD), BMTF
5. Director WE&S Directorate - Member
6. Director Ordnance Directorate - Member
7. Director EME Directorate - Member
8. Director ITD Directorate - Member
9. Joint Secretary, MOD - Member
10. Managing Director, BDP - Member
11. Additional Director, BMTF - Member Secretary